- This event has passed.
Erie VA Virtual Moral Injury and Suicide Prevention Seminar
May 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Erie VA Medical Center Chaplain Service invites regional clergy, spiritual workers, and lay leaders with a passion for Veterans to participate in its Virtual Moral Injury and Suicide Prevention Seminar.
Presenters Dr. J. Irene Harris (nationally recognized expert in the treatment of Moral Injury) and Brandon Wiley, LPC will aid participants in:
• Understanding suicide prevention and moral injury
• Recognizing traits of suicide risk and spiritual distress
• Identifying paths for wellness and spiritual strengths to help Veterans cope
The Department of Veterans Affairs defines moral injury as:
• In traumatic or unusually stressful circumstances, people may perpetrate, fail to prevent, or witness events that contradict deeply held moral beliefs and expectations
• The distressing psychological, behavioral, social, and sometimes spiritual aftermath of exposure to such events
• Moral injury can occur in response to acting or witnessing behaviors that go against an individual’s values and moral beliefs
Please join us for this important first step in providing vital care and support to Veterans.
The first ten registrants who attend the entire seminar will receive a $25 gift card donated by the Erie VA Behavioral Health Council.
Register online through EventBrite.