- This event has passed.
Mercer County Mental Health First Aid Class
September 14 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
LEARN HOW TO SUPPORT YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND NEIGHBORS
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults.
You’ll build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to those who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
AFTER THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
• Understand how to interact with a person in crisis.
• Know how to connect a person with help.
• Use self-care tools and techniques
NO COST but must REGISTER by Sept. 8, 2023 ( register early-space is limited to 20 participants).
For additional registration information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: BHC- 8406 Sharon Mercer Road, Mercer PA 16137
September 14, 2023 8 am – 4:30 pm. , THURS.
Please email Marcie Shoen – email@example.com with questions.