- This event has passed.
Prevent Suicide PA Conference
May 19 - May 20
For the first time, the Higher Education Suicide Prevention Coalition and Prevent Suicide PA are joining forces to bring you one comprehensive conference focused on improving the lives of those in our communities! Attendees have the ability to experience presentations from both within their usual context as well as attend sessions from this expanded format. This year, the two-day conference taking place May 19-20 will be presented in a hybrid model. You can either enjoy the sessions in person at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh or virtually in the comfort of your own home.
By the completion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Identify methods to increase awareness of suicide prevention and suicidal behavior.
- Describe the opportunities and challenges of implementing suicide prevention to increase participation and contributions within the greater community.
- Develop feasible suicide prevention strategies that can be implemented across communities to reduce the likelihood of suicidal behavior.
- Identify resources to implement suicide prevention strategies across various communities.
- Build collaboration with colleagues and community partners to address the suicide prevention needs of those in your community.
- Student Health Staff, Counseling Center Staff, Residence Life Staff, Student Life Deans and Staff.
- Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, and Marriage & Family Therapists
- Loss and Attempt Survivors, Task Forces, Peer Support Agencies, Youth and Aging Agencies, Community Leaders, Veterans
- College students are also invited to attend the conference and the designated Student Track
The full conference agenda is available online.
Event fees are $25 for students, $75 for general admission virtual, and $125 for general admission in-person. Tickets can be purchased online.